Monday 10 August 2009

My new Keitai (cellphone)

On Friday I managed to secure myself a means of communication, the Casio Exilim W63CA camera flip phone... jeez what a mouthful!

Although the phone has an English setting, for which I am very grateful, the manuals and user guides are all in Japanese. Before coming to Japan I have many-a-time bought a new electronic gizmo and quickly passed over the Japanese part of the user guide. Now it's the only option available to me. I'm sure there's irony here somewhere.

The Keitai boasts a whopping 8.1 megapixel camera with a variety of anti-shake and image capture options, all of which don't particularly concern me really, as I brought a fairly decent camera with me. What is interesting however, is the built-in TV, the Japanese-English/English-Japanese dictionary, the barcode scanner, the infra-red data transfer device, and option of two different email modes. Phew! It goes without saying that the dictionary has been the most useful so far, as well as the infra-red data transfer device.

On the downside it doesn't recognise my macbook as a valid bluetooth device, nor can I seem to find the usb port to transfer my data to my macbook (yes, it does come with a cable!).

Everyday things are such a wonder when you have no idea what they do.

1 comment:

  1. 8.1 Megapixel for the phone's camera and a Japanese-English/English-Japanese dictionary? I don't know what to say. And now you've just made me envious. How I wish I have that cellphone right now. Kidding aside, it's good to see that you're enjoying your new cellphone.

    Elliott Bellaire

    ReplyDelete