Sunday 5 July 2009

Pre-departure orientation

Now that was intense - two days of quick-moving Japanese lessons, lectures and talks. All of it was useful and informative of course, but at the end of it I felt somewhat like Neo having all those martial arts forced into his brain. In a word, fried! A lot of it has sunk in though, and I found myself reciting chunks of Japanese to myself on the tube ride home.

Today is the 4-weeks-to-go mark. After the orientation I must admit the nerves are really starting to kick in, and my overworked brain is starting to realise that in just a month I won't be living in the UK.

I didn't manage to start my 'list' of things to take initially last week, but I will be making a conscious effort to do so tomorrow. Right now I'm trying to relax and enjoy the baking heat that is currently gripping the country - our teachers at the orientation took delight in telling us that Tokyo will be hotter and as high as 91% humidity. Can flesh melt?! Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment