Saturday 5 September 2009

New activities - 英会話と空手

I've just started Karate again, woo! I did it for a couple of years as a kid but then my attention wavered, as it will when you're young. On Thursday I went along to a local dojo with most of Iida block and we had a great (and sweaty!) time. A lot of the basic blocks and attacks I remember from before, so I found it a little easier having that experience. Think I'll alternate and do the classes once one week, twice the next, just to give myself a break between weeks. That should give me more than enough time to prepare for my first grading in December.

I now teach my eikaiwa (adult english class) every other Tuesday. Yesterday I was visited by my eikaiwa group leader Hagiwara-san, who seems very nice, polite, and is excellent at english. He came in and we had a long chat about lots of things, and he offered his help should I ever need it.

Moving to Japan was a great move - I've met so many great people and had so many great experiences... I've only been here a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment